Selling your house can be both a nightmare and mental torture.
Having a home is a huge investment. You constantly have to pay for bills, the mortgage, renovations, and improvements. In fact, more often than not having a house is a total nightmare, especially during the selling process. However, if you know what to do you can get a great deal for your home. To sell a house the buyers have to be comfortable enough to see if they can live there, so having a presentable house is a must.
1. The kitchen is one of the most important areas of the house. It is the first place they will see when they get up in the morning to eat breakfast, and most likely the last thing they see before they go to bed. The kitchen is where people get together for meetings, parties, and other household events. Upping the value of your kitchen can be pricey but in the end it is worth the cost. You can try upgrading the countertop, replacing cabinets, and even altering the tiles.
2. Bathrooms are definitely one of the all-time bonuses. Having a sparkling clean sink, and a great scent in the air won’t do the trick when attracting buyers. Remodels that include a new toilet, sink, and bathtub will. You might also want to pick new tiles for the bathroom as well. Adding a small bathroom would also benefit you and the buyers likewise.
3. Repair what is broken. There are always areas around the house that can use repairs, whether it be the backyard fences, the porch lights, or even sliding doors. Make the necessary repairs at the right time. Making repairs to random things around the house does significantly alter the value of the home itself by quite a bit. Even repairing the electrical wiring, or the roof will raise the value of your house by a great amount. If your budget allows, buying a few brand new pieces of furniture and including them in the sale can be a very worthwhile investment. Try Leeds bed shop Bed Market for some fabulous bargains.
4. Make space. One of the most important things to do when selling a house is to make extra space. If you have a garage or attic try moving things around, or converting the attic or basement into a room. Having more space would definitely be a great attribute to both you and the buyer. A house always seems more appealing when there is more space that can be used for a bedroom or entertainment room.
5. Install a deck. Making a deck in front or behind your home can be the difference between a win or a bust. Decks are useful and look very attractive to buyers. Decks provide a play area for kids, and a get together area for adults.
Making other small tweaks such as improving the landscape, adding new paint, and getting attractive appliances also boost your houses value by a great amount. When it comes to your home every detail counts. As long as you make the right improvements and renovations you’ll make a good amount of profits and see a shortened selling period. Regardless, you have hundreds of options to add value to your house, so the opportunities are endless.
If you want to raise the value of your home, get in touch with us – we are a professional building company and can raise the value of your home in a number of ways to give you a huge ROI. See http://www.touchstonebuilders.co.uk for more details.